Does anyone else feel yourself on the precipice of some amazing, breakthrough thoughts and get so excited about being so close to having revelations that your brain short circuits and you have difficulty forming any coherent thoughts at all? Ok, this is a blog and I can’t see any of my readers, so I’m just going to assume there are at least a couple heads bobbing up and down with me.
My last blog post was in early April and was intended to be a strong return from another previous hiatus. I even had another blog post drafted shortly afterwards (that never got posted).
When it comes to my blog, here’s what I know…
- Writing helps me process my thoughts and provide an outlet for them.
- I may have ideas or insight that can help like-minded people learn more about themselves or discover their own answers. Just as I spend a lot of time on the Internet looking for folks who’ve figured out things I’ve been struggling with, I hope to be able to provide that for others.
- As with myself, I’ve had a hard time defining my blog and finding its direction.
- “Mindful Perfectionist” is close-ish to my blog’s voice but not. quite. it.
- It is very difficult to prioritize writing in a blog while also keeping alive two very young children who routinely bring daycare’s microbes du jour home for everyone to enjoy.
When it comes to myself, here’s what else I know…
- Feeling like I have things “figured out” fuels my being
- Order and simplicity calm my soul
- I tend to live life feeling overwhelmed and anxious by being in a rush and surrounded by chaos.
- I think more deeply, critically, and thoroughly than the average human.
- I desperately seek to define myself to find my niche and my community.
- It is very difficult to prioritize anything for myself while also keeping alive two very young children who routinely bring daycare’s microbes du jour home for everyone to enjoy.
I did a lot of reading while I wasn’t writing for my blog. Middle of the night baby feeds are great for doing some reading on my phone. Through my reading, I had quite a few “aha!” moments and generally learned a lot about myself that has rejuvenated my excitement and I look forward to sharing those findings in more depth in future posts.